The Orange Beach Education Foundation is pleased to offer Education Impact Grants to teachers, media specialists, counselors, principals, and assistant principals. Education Impact Grants promote creative and innovative ideas in and out of the classroom that directly impact student learning.
Before applying, please read the guidelines carefully to ensure your application is completed accurately and falls within the scope of the foundation’s Grant program.
- Grant applications are due by the 15th of the month to be included in the agenda for the meeting the following month. (ie applications are due on October 15th to be presented at the November board meeting)
- Grant applications must be for projects, programs, or purchases that are an integral part of the learning process
- Grant applications will be given priority if they address areas identified as critical need or needing improvement
- Applicants may submit more than one application
- There is no limit on the number of applications a particular school may submit
- There is no limit on the number of grants or dollar amount of grants the Classroom Impact Grant Committee may award to a particular school
- Budgets must be itemized and attached; applications with missing or non-itemized budgets will be disqualified
- All grant recipients must submit an evaluation to the foundation at the end of the grant period or two weeks prior to the close of the school year, whichever comes first
- Subscriptions may be approved, though there is no guarantee funding can continue beyond one year
- STEM-related indoor or outdoor gardens may be approved, though there is no guarantee funding can continue beyond one year
- Support or sponsorship of academic clubs and teams may be approved, though there is no guarantee funding can continue beyond one year
Foundation grants should not be viewed as a means of sustaining annual projects and/or purchases